|Join QuitNet and track the amount of lifetime and money you'll save by quitting.
| || |
Step 3, 7mg
Step 3, 7mg 14 patches
Step 3 – contains 14 patches of 7mg strength
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
• If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
• before using this product, read the enclosed user’s guide for complete directions and other information
• stop smoking completely when you begin using the patch
• If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use according to the following 10 week schedule:
• Step 1 (21mg)- Weeks 1-6, use one patch per day
• Step 2 (14mg)- Weeks 7-8, use one patch per day
• Step 3 (7mg)- Weeks 9-10, use one patch per day
• If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, do not use STEP 1 (21mg). Start with STEP 2 (14mg) for 6 weeks, then STEP 3 (7 mg) for two weeks and then stop.
• steps 2 and 3 allow you to gradually reduce your levels of nicotine. Completing the full program will increase your chances of quitting successfully.
• apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless.
• remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
• Wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch in the enclosed disposal tray. See enclosed user’s guide for safety and handling.
• you may wear the patch for 16 or 24 hours
• if you crave cigarettes when you wake up, wear the patch for 24 hours
• if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning
• the used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day
• do not wear more than one patch at a time
• do not cut patch in half or into smaller piece
• do not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours
• stop using the patch at the end of 10 weeks. If you started with STEP 2, stop using the patch at the end of 8 weeks. If you still feel the need to use the patch talk to your doctor.
Other information: store at 20-25° C (68-77° F)
Active Ingredients: Each patch delivers: Nicotine (7mg over 24 hours)
Inactive Ingredients: Polyisobutylene, High Density Polyethylene Between Pigmented, Clear Polyester Backings, Ethylene/Vinyl Acetate Copolymer
Do not use
• if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use nicotine or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
• high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure.
• an allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems because you are more likely to get rashes.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
• taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
When using this product
• do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your blood stream for several hours after you take off the patch.
• if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove the patch at bedtime
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after 4 days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
• irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
• you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Nicotine can increase your baby’s heart rate. First try to stop smoking without without the nicotine patch.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and inserting in disposal in this box.
Never stop believing in yourself, even if others don't. This is for you, no one else! How important is your life?