|Join QuitNet and track the amount of lifetime and money you'll save by quitting.
| || |
Step 2, 14mg
Step 2, 14mg 14 patches
Contains 14 patches of 14mg strength.
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
• If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
• before using this product, read the enclosed self-help guide for complete directions and other information
• stop smoking completely when you use the patch
• if you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, start with Step 2 for 6 weeks, then Step 3 for 2 weeks and then stop
• if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use the following schedule below:
Weeks 1-4: STEP 1 – use one 21mg patch/day
Weeks 5 and 6: STEP 2 – use one 14mg patch/day
Weeks 7 and 8: STEP 3 – use one 7mg patch/day
• apply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairless
• remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds
• wash hands after applying or removing patch. Throw away the patch in the enclosed disposal tray
• the used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each day
• if you have vivid dreams, you may remove the new patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morning
• do not wear more than one patch at a time
• do not cut patch in half or into smaller pieces
• do not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hours
• stop using the patch at the end of 8 weeks. If you still feel the need to use the patch talk to your doctor
Active Ingredients: Each patch contains: Nicotine (14mg), delivered over 24 hours
Inactive Ingredients: acrylate adhesive, aluminized polyester, cellulose paper, methacrylic acid copolymer
Drug Interaction Precautions
Do not use:
• if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, use nicotine gum, or use nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, only use this medication on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without the use of any nicotine replacement medication. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medication are not fully known.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
• high blood pressue not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure
• An allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems, because you are more likely to get rashes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
• taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
When using this product
• do not smoke even when not wearing the patch. The nicotine in your skin will still be entering your bloodstream for several hours after you take off the patch
• if you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rash
• you get symptoms of nicotine overdose, such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeat
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Discard used patches using the enclosed disposal tray.
Lean back, grab some water, and enjoy the ride. Quitting doesn't have to be hard - it's only as hard as you make it. Make the right choice, quit smoking!