|Join QuitNet and track the amount of lifetime and money you'll save by quitting.
| || |
Starter Kit, 4mg
108 gum pieces
Starter Kit, 4mg Mint flavor 108 gum pieces
Gum Starter Kit - 4mg strength, 108 pieces, Mint Flavor
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
• If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
• before using this product, read the enclosed User’s Guide for complete directions and other important information
• stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum
• If you smoke less than 25 or more cigarettes a day; use 2mg nicotine gum
• If you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day; use according to the following 12 week schedule:
Weeks 1 to 6 – 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
Weeks 7 to 9 – 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
Weeks 10 to 12 - 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours
• nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
• chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
• repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
• do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
• to improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
• if you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
• do not use more than 24 pieces per day
• stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
Active Ingredients: Nicotine polacrilex (4mg)
Inactive Ingredients: Gum Base, Magnesium Oxide, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Xylitol
Do not use
• if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
• high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
• stomach ulcer or diabetes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
• taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• mouth, teeth or jaw problems occur
• irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
• you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Nicotine can increase your baby’s heart rate. First try to stop smoking without the nicotine gum.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
The first step seems like it's a mile wide and then you realize it was ony a matter of inches. Good Luck and God Bless... CharlieAngel